End of the Road, & The Start of the Future
Unfortunately, I lost a court battle, one week ago Thursday, with the Board of Elections. I won't be on the ballot in November, for US Congress.
I am writing this after a week of reflection. One on hand, I’m happy to step back and plan for the future, with my lessons learned, and the bigger team and network of progressives, radicals, and peace-makers that I now enjoy.
But I’ve been dragging my heels in sending this, and have been mustering up the grace to be gracious in defeat. So here’s what happened.... >>
Economics for the People!
Stand up to Wall Street and War!
Bold Ideas About Stuff That Matters
Usher in an Era of International Cooperation
Stand for Peace, Because of the Truth.
Bailout Main Street, not Wall Street.
Affordable Housing, Healthcare for All.
Put Crooked Bankers in Jail.
Audit the Pentagon.
Join our Rebellion vs. Wall Street Democrats!
Pick Hicks, November 6.
Read more about Hicks on the issues:
New York's 12th Congressional District
View a larger map: New York - Congressional District 12 (PDF)
NY-12 includes most of Manhattan and Brooklyn along the East River, including parts of the Upper East Side, Lenox Hill, Sutton Place, Midtown, Midtown East, Koreatown, Stuyvesant Town, Gramercy, Flatiron, Union Square, East Village, Lower East Side, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Long Island City, Astoria, and Roosevelt Island.
Not sure if you live in NY-12? Click here to check.
We can do better.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney...
- Voted for the Iraq War
- Opposed President Obama's historic nuclear deal with Iran. Now she flip-flopped and is for it. For a better view of Iran, read our paper here.
- Blamed Afghanistan from the floor of the US Congress for 9/11, while wearing a full-length burka.
- Co-Sponsored H.R. 1697, which makes it a felony to call for the boycott of Israel, restricting your First Amendment Rights to political expression.
- Is wrapped up in a government municipal bonds scandal
- Stated in a debate against her Democratic primary challenger that she wouldn't turn down money from "anyone" - including corporate interests and some of New York's worst landlords.
Read more about Maloney's record: hicksforcongress.com/opposition
Run Tulsi Run!
Sander Hicks with Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) at Unrig the System Summit, New Orleans, LA, February 2018.
Join our Rebellion against Corporate Democrats!
Paid for by Hicks for Congress.